PUBLIC OPPORTUNITY TO PROTEST TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP OF MONTANA ALL-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES WITH CATERING ENDORSEMENT LICENSE Ravalli Fun Center, LLC (Members: Knut H. Hoelstad, Daria M. Hoelstad, Demitry Mametieff, Akulina S. Mametieff) has applied for Transfer of Ownership of Montana All-Alcoholic Beverages with Catering Endorsement License No. 13-840-6540-002 to be operated at Ravalli Fun Center (formerly d/b/a Bitterroot Valley Lanes), 300 Skeels Avenue, Hamilton, Ravalli County. The public may protest this new license in accordance with the law. Who can protest this transfer? Protests will be accepted from residents of the county of the proposed location (Ravalli), residents of adjoining Montana counties (Missoula, Granite and Beaverhead), and residents of adjoining counties in another state if the criteria in 16-4-207(4)(d), Montana Code Annotated (MCA), are met. What information must be included? Protest letters must be legible and contain (1) the protestor's full name, mailing address, and street address; (2) the license number (13-840-6540-002) and the applicant's name (Ravalli Fun Center, LLC); (3) an indication that the letter is intended as a protest; (4) a description of the grounds for protesting; and (5) the protestor's signature. A letter with multiple signatures will be considered one protest letter. What are valid protest grounds? The protest may be based on the applicant's qualifications listed in 16-4-401, MCA, or the grounds for denial of an application in 16-4-405, MCA. Examples of valid protest grounds include: (1) the applicant is unlikely to operate the establishment in compliance with the law; (2) the proposed location cannot be properly policed by local authorities; and (3) the welfare of the people in the vicinity of the proposed location will be adversely and seriously affected. How are protests submitted? Protests must be postmarked to the Department of Revenue, Office of Dispute Resolution, P.O. Box 5805, Helena, Montana 59604-5805 on or before April 29, 2019. What happens if the transfer is protested? Depending on the number of protests and the protest grounds, a public hearing will be held in Helena or Hamilton. All valid protestors will be notified of the hearing's time, date and location. Hearings typically are scheduled within 90 days. A protester's hearing testimony is limited to the grounds in the protester's letter. Following the hearing, the Department of Revenue will notify the public whether the license transfer is approved or denied. How can additional information be obtained? The cited MCA statutes are online at Questions may be directed to Patty Kautz, Compliance Specialist for the Department of Revenue's Alcoholic Beverage Control Division, at (406) 444-0017 or RR 20567319 April 10 & 17, 2019


You may be interested in